Critical Distance at Edition Toronto 2019October 24, 2019 - October 27, 2019
For our fourth year at Edition, Critical Distance is pleased to present an array of editions and publications from the wonderful artists, curators, and organizations we’ve partnered and collaborated with over the past 6 years. From our current exhibition, ACCESS IS LOVE AND LOVE IS COMPLICATED we are featuring two extraordinary chapbooks by 17 year old poet Adam Wolfond, published by Minneapolis-based Unrestricted Interest. As in years past, a selection of free/pwyc publications will be available for taking and sharing, including back issues of Lola (Toronto), Studio Magazine (Harlem), and Contemporary& (Berlin).
Finally, we are thrilled to launch two new catalogues produced in conjunction with past exhibitions at Critical Distance and TYPOLOGY: On The Surface /Susana Reisman curated by Shani K Parsons (with essay by Daniella Sanader) and Fermenting Feminism curated by Lauren Fournier.
Visit our table to see these and other editions and publications by artists, writers, and publishers we love.
October 24, 6–10pm
October 25, 12–8pm
October 26, 11–8pm
October 27, 11–6pm
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
255 Front St W, Toronto, ON M5V 2W6
We will also have publications and editions available from:
- POSSIBLE WORLDS (Ottawa)
- INDEPENDENT CURATORS INTERNATIONAL (NY) and PUBLISHING AGAINST THE GRAIN issues for perusal/purchase from CDCC’s Canadian capsule including LOLA Magazine, SCAPEGOAT Journal, and The HIV HOWLER: Transmitting Art+Activism
- artist’s editions by KAYFA TA/MAHA MAAMOUN, ALA YOUNIS (Cairo), MAGGIE GROAT, and JEANNETTE EHLERS (Copenhagen)
- poster/pamphlet reissue for a slight space amidst: IMAGES FESTIVAL x NICOLE KELLY WESTMAN featuring an essay by DANIELLA SANADER; curated by STEFFANIE LING, and AMY FUNG published by BOOK*HUG
plus previews of forthcoming catalogues now in production, including:
- PUBLIC SYNTAX: SAW Video at Critical Distance, curated by NEVEN LOCHHEAD
- AN ARCHIVE, BUT NOT AN ATLAS, curated by LIZ IKIRIKO